Monday, February 6, 2012

Seeing Stars

So, it's no secret that I absolutely love stars. I'm not entirely sure when my obsession with the little five-pointed shape began, but it's gotten worse over the past several years. Obviously it was meant to be though, considering Star is my middle name. My love of stars was destiny! :P
Anywhooooos, the point I was trying to make is that, because I love stars soooo much, I have a few new star-themed images to show you.

The first picture is titled "Celestial Eclipse". I'm as fond of the Moon as I am of stars so of course I couldn't resist putting the two together. The colors are a little bright, but I like the whole neon-feel it gives to the piece. I would like to eventually get a tattoo of this image, but I'd change the colors a little, maybe more silver and golds instead of pink and purple. But for the picture (and all the merchandise at cafepress.com/starlightillustrations just waiting for you to give them a nice home) the colors do very nicely.

 The second image was an idea given to me by my sister. I was trying to figure out what to do as my logo. I wanted something simple and was drawing a complete blank when she said, "If it's Starlight, why not do a lightbulb that looks like a star?" Those weren't her exact words of course, my memory is horrible so I couldn't remember the actual quote, but that was the gist of it. I was intrigued by the idea and drew what you see here. I really liked it, but I didn't feel it could to the job of my logo so I went back to the drawing board. What I finally came up with was the picture I posted awhile back and is the second post, I believe, in my blog, if you wanted to check it out.
As always, all of the images I post and/or mention are in my Cafepress store, so if you fall in love with any of them, you can get a t-shirt, messenger bag, hat, or whatever you want with your favorite image on them. Here's the link -_-> cafepress.com/starlightillustrations
If none of the images I've posted so far pique your interest, I'm always willing to do commission work. If you want a piece specially made for you, or someone you know, just send a message to my gmail account ---> starlightillustrations@gmail.com or find me on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment