Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Asian Beauty

This picture is titled "Blossoming Geisha". It started out as a tattoo, but I liked it too much, so I colored it and put it in my shop for all of you to share. It wasn't very hard to draw and color the geisha, but that coy fish....Argh, it was so infuriating! But that's how it goes with art. Not every piece will work out perfectly. And it wouldn't have been so bad except I have absolutely no patience whatsoever, which kinda isn't good for an artist. It can be very tedious work, but it's also very rewarding.
I'm actually thinking of doing another geisha picture. I'm thinking maybe doing the same kind of theme, ya know, the geisha surrounded by flowers and an animal. Maybe a crane though, instead of a fish, and some bamboo. I think that'd look pretty and I do so love bamboo. It's super fun to draw. So, hopefully, I'll be able to get started on that soon. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

1 comment: